This property comprising a main house and a gite / annex, is in a village which has a bakery, bar / restaurant, school and post office within walking distance, and is only about 10 minutes from a charming market town which has all amenities including a main train station.
The main house is spacious 166m2. The single storey, one bedroom gite is ideal for a single person or a couple and offers the prospect of an income stream.
There is a lovely courtyard / garden with mature plants, various outbuildings including a large open shed which is ideal for parking a motorhome, and a large barn.
The property benefits from double glazing, and in detail includes:
Ground floor :
- Entrance (22m2): Tiled floor. Storage cupboards / cloakroom
- Fully equipped kitchen (20m2): With a range of units and a central island and plumbing for a dishwasher. Wooden floor and beams. Fireplace (not used)
- Dining room (15m2): Carpeted (wooden floor underneath), beams and fireplace (not currently used)
- Living room (21.5m2): With a fireplace and a wood stove
- Rear hallway (4m2) leading to a room (5.5m2) housing the boiler and water heater, and with doors to the garden
- Shower room (2.5m2): WC and sink
- Landing (3m2)
- Bedroom (20m2): A dressing room (15m2) with carpet and a series of wardrobes
- Master bedroom (21.5m2): Wooden floor, dressing room (4m2) and adjoining bathroom (9m2) with vanity unit, WC and towel dryer
- Shower room (3.5m2): Tiled floor, shower, WC and vanity unit
GUEST GITE (sold fully equipped)
- Living / dining room (25m2): with fitted kitchen area, wooden floor, exposed beams and stone walls, fireplace with a wood stove
- Bedroom (15m2): with a built-in wardrobe and an en-suite shower room.
- Attic above (around 60m2) and storage room at the rear (22m2 and 5m2), allowing the gite to be developed.
-Large open hangar (approx. 90m2)
- Large barn (approx. 175m2 on the ground) with a partial attic above (40m2) Concrete floor
- Small barn with open facade with access to cellars and attics
- Small outbuildings (laundry room with oil tank, and a garden shed).
- Courtyard with mature shrubs and bushes, fruit trees and vegetable patch.
The department of Charente is located in the centre-west of France and is part of the Poitou-Charentes region along with Deux Sèvres, Charente Maritime and the Vienne department.
Its name as is often the case comes from the river Charente which snakes through the department. Two local dialects are spoken in the area, Saintongeais in the west and Occitan to the east.
Charente is a thriving department for several reasons, Cognac production is one of the most interesting and profitable industries, the export level of approx. 95% is a success, the consumption in France being only 5% (some say they keep the best 5% in France!).
The department has many typical towns, Angouleme in the south east for example hosts an international festival that attracts hundreds of visitors and is not to be missed.
The region is popular with hikers, bikers and nature lovers who like to discover the woodlands, lakes and streams that are part of this amazing landscape.
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs = No Rating for this property
Cave Double Glazing Fruit or Veg plot Garden Internet connection
Landscaping Lawn Loft Wood Burning Stove