The domaine, a 200 year old Maison de Maitre with tower, is set within 3.3 hectares of unspoilt parkland and surrounded by rural farmlands of sunflowers, wheat, corn and vines. A beautiful character property very well situated, with income generating Guest Gites. Ideal for a first class B&B / Guest Gite business with further event potential in the outbuildings.
Location: Just 2 kms outside a village offering all shops and amenities (bar, grocery, bank, school, post office, doctor, chemist, butcher, baker, restaurant, pizzeria, large communal pool and tennis courts), at 15 minutes from Carcassonne (airport and World Heritage medieval fortified Cite, one of France's most visited cities), 50 minutes to Toulouse (airport) and 1hr 15mins to Beziers (airport), 3 kilometres to train station.
MAIN HOUSE (487 m2 living space incorporating tower):
- Ground floor (218 m2): Entrance hall of 37 m2 (tiled, decorative doors, plasterwork, marble staircase, access front and rear), lounge of 24 m2 (original wood panels, fire place, wood burning stove insert), salon of 11 m2 (the former 'fumoir'/smoking room, fireplace, decorative corner features), dining room of 35 m2 (wood panels, fire place, wooden flooring, decorative doors), small tower room of 10 m2 (currently an office), kitchen/dining room of 38 m2 (large fire place with insert, exposed beams, wooden units, oven, fridges, sink, microwave, gas hob), bedroom of 24 m2 with en-suite (shower, basin, heater) and separate toilet, rear hallway of 6 m2 (access to rear gardens, access to kitchen), utility room of 14.4 m2, utility room of 12.5 m2, garage of 62 m2.
- 1st floor (269 m2): Return of 6.7 m2 (feature stained glass window), grand landing of 33 m2, bedroom of 39 m2 with ensuite of 3 m2 (basin, shower), hallway of 4.4 m2, bedroom of 18.18 m2, bedroom of 22 m2 (currently used as an office), bedroom of 32 m2 (marble fireplace), bathroom of 12.09 m2 (roll-top bath, feature stained glass window), hallway of 9.6 m2, billiards/games room of 41.8 m2, bedroom of 16.9 m2, bedroom of 16.55 m2, WC of 1.8 m2, hallway of 13 m2, bedroom of 14.21 m2, bathroom of 15.8 m2 (bath, shower, basin, bidet), WC of 1.3 m2.
- Attic: About 200 m2.
GUSET GITE (152 m2):
Fully renovated, yet in keeping with the charm of the property. A fully equipped, large and spacious four-bedroomed gite, beautifully decorated. Accommodates 8 people. Electric convector heating and access to front and rear gardens and eating areas.)
- Ground floor: Living room of 39 m2 (wood burner, dining area), fully equipped kitchen of 21 m2 (induction hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine, coffee maker and kettle, French doors opening to gardens and private outdoor eating area, storage), WC of 1.4 m2, bedroom 1 of 16 m2 (large fitted wardrobes).
- 1st floor: Bedroom 2 of 17.8 m2 (king size bed, fitted wardrobes) en suite of 4.5 m2 (newly fitted with bath, walk-in shower, washbasin, toilet), bedroom 3 of 7.8 m2 (twin beds, chest of drawers, hanging rack), bedroom 4 of 7.4 m2 (bunk beds, chest of drawers), bathroom of 5.8 m2 (large walk-in shower, wash basin, toilet), hallway of 7.8 m2, WC, attic space of 12 m2 and 67 m2 (to be converted).
- Exterior: Seating area for 8 people with barbecue and fire basket.
CARETAKERS COTTAGE (currently being renovated):
- Ground: Lounge/kitchen of 35 m2, bedroom of 12.2 m2, bedroom of 12.6 m2, bedroom of 10.5 m2, bathroom of 4.4 m2, terrace, garden with barbecue and sheds.
The Domaine is set in 3.3 hectares of parkland, surrounded by trees with pool 7m x 14m (1m to 2m depth, fully gated, with ample decking space for sun-loungers), orangery of 47.9 m2 (dating back from the First World War, in the process of being renovated), much of the 3.3 ha park, with mature trees, is situated to the front of the domaine and is mainly south-facing with its own pond and a well.
- Outbuildings: Garage of 62 m2 (attached to the main house), several barns on two floors for a total space of about 1000 m2 (easily transformed to further apartments or event use - seminars, fitness, yoga, retreat).
- Sundry: Mains water, new septic tank - micro station, main house offers central oil-fired heating and wood burners, proven revenue, original features (beams, marble fireplaces, tiles, , stained glass, plasterwork, panelled doors), furniture and contents negotiable, good structural state, well, bookings to be honoured.
The prices are inclusive of agents fees (paid by the vendors).
The notaire's fees have to be paid on top at the actual official rate.
The department of Aude is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region located in the south of France. It is surrounded by the Pyrénées-Orientales, Ariège, Tarn and Hérault departments.
French property buyers look in this region due to its numerous and varied landscapes as well as the rich cultural heritage, Aude has become an ever popular destination recently due to the gastronomy of the region, as well as its many festivals and dramatic scenery.
Carcassonne is the cultural heart of the Aude department, and all through the region you will find lovely properties either to live in or to use as holiday homes. Aude is an agricultural area dominated by wine-growing in the east and the climate is that of the Mediterranean so summers are hot and dry and winters are mild and humid.
It is the perfect location if you are looking for a quiet life and to be in harmony with your surroundings.
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs: No Rating for this property
Garage Garden Internet connection Landscaping Lawn Loft
Outbuildings Septic tank Swimming Pool Tennis Court Well Wood Burning Stove