REDUCED in price - Splendid 18th Century Chateau (450 m2), three-bedroomed farmhouse (135 m2) and cottage apartment (60 m2) set in wooded grounds of 43275 m2 with mature trees, paddocks, swimming pool, plus further outhouses to include very large barn and stables (perfect for further Guest Gites to foresee).
Location: Pretty hamlet close to the magnificent regional National Park, 10 minutes to all commerce, 30 minutes from Castres and Castelnaudary, 50 minutes from Toulouse (airport), about 1 hour from Carcassonne (airport) and 10 minutes to lakes and mountains.
Many of the original features have been retained such as fireplaces, tiles, magnificent ornamental staircase, large windows, beautiful carpentry, plasterwork, cornices and stained glass windows. The main chateau comprises a library salon, study, lounge, music room and large kitchen opening onto a terrace together with five bedrooms. The attic has been partially renovated with a further bedroom and bathroom (own staircase access). The basement houses the boiler room and wine cellar and multiple storage and workrooms.
There is attached to the chateau, an independent two-bedroomed cottage with open plan kitchen/living room, a bedroom on the mezzanine and bathroom. In addition, there is a renovated three bedroomed farmhouse with a large kitchen, living room and a bathroom.
Chateau Basement: Cellars and work spaces with ground level access : 21m2 (washer, dryer), 32m2, 13.6m2 (water heaters), 7m2, 9m2, 12m2, 7m2, 6m2 (access to ground level patio).
- Ground floor: Entrance hallway (ornamental front door, grand staircase, curved wall, stained glass, ornate plasterwork), dining room of 16.55 m2 (marble fireplace, original warming oven, ornate plasterwork), office (marble fireplace), music room of 24.02 m2, salon (access to terrace, original stained glass), grand library of 22 m2 (access to kitchen and rear staircase, wood burning stove), WC, kitchen of 29.85 m2 (access to terrace and lower ground wine cellar, wood burning stove, sink, wooden work units), scullery of 7.78 m2, rear hallway of 4.31 m2 (access to rear staircase, attics and basement), ornate plaster work and ceiling roses throughout.
- 1st floor: Large hallway, bedroom of 16.55 m2 with ensuite, bedroom (marble fireplace, wooden floors) with ensuite (shower, basin, WC), bedroom of 24.02 m2 (a suite consisting of main double room with a smaller ante-room) with ensuite (marble finish, bath, shower, basin, WC), bedroom of 22 m2 (access to terrace) with ensuite (bath, shower, WC, basin, high quality marble finish), access to rear staircase, attics and basement.
- 2nd floor: Attic space of 114 m2, WC, attic space of 32 m2 (heating systems), suite comprising salon of 11 m2, bedroom of 13.94 m2 and bathroom of 3.88 m2 (bath, basin, WC), roof renovated approximately 20 years.
- Stables of 92 m2 (requires renovation).
GUEST COTTAGE of 60 m2 (two-bedroomed renovated cottage apartment sleeping 6 persons):
- Ground floor: Fully equipped kitchen of 16.5 m2 (large dining table, dishwasher, cooker, microwave, toaster, fridge), salon of 25.33 m2 (wood burner, wooden floors).
- 1st floor: Bedroom of 12 m2, bedroom of 12 m2, bathroom (bathtub, basin, WC, Velux).
FARMHOUSE of 135 m2 (three bedroomed renovated farmhouse including insulation and double glazing - used as a holiday house sleeping 9 persons but has retained its charm and original features and set in the fields and the park of the Chateau with splendid panoramic views).
- Ground floor: Entrance lobby of 13.8 (washer, basin), WC of 1.8 m2, fully equipped kitchen of 22 m2 (large dining table, dishwasher, cooker, microwave, toaster, fridge, wood burner, exposed beams), salon of 29 m2 (access to garden).
- 1st floor: Corridor of 4.7 m2, bedroom of 16 m2 (Juliette balcony), bedroom of 17 m2, bedroom of 14 m2 (Juliette balcony), bathroom of 8 m2 (bath, shower, double basin, WC).
- Barn of 196 m2 (large barn with double door front and rear access).
- Exterior: Large wooded parkland garden, paddocks, vegetable garden, salt water swimming pool (12 x 6 x 1.80m), outdoor kitchen (sink, gas, fridge) and bathroom (double basin, WC, shower).
- Sundry: Gas central heating, fireplaces and wood-burning stoves, intellectual property included (website and social media), bookings to be honoured, septic tank, property tax around 3738 euros, furniture and contents relative the business included save minor personal effects, proven revenue, original features - marble fireplaces, tiles, stained glass, architraves, cornices and decorative plasterwork, not in a flood zone.
(Chateau, farmhouse and cottage with proven revenue on splendid parkland in an idyllic setting.
The prices are inclusive of agents fees (paid by the vendors).
The notaire's fees have to be paid on top at the actual official rate.
The department of Hérault is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region located in the south of France. It is surrounded by the Pyrénées-Orientales, Ariège, Tarn and Aude departments.
Widely regarded as possibly the most dynamic department in Languedoc Roussillon with Montpellier as its capital and the popular seaside resorts of Sete and Grande Motte bringing in millions of tourists every summer, the Hérault department is certainly busy and growing.
But despite all the activity along the coast, the interior of Hérault is as beautiful and unspoiled as it has always been. The Hérault countryside is glorious, driving away from the coast into the foothills of the Black Mountains you can get lost in an ocean of vines.
Villages in the department of Hérault are incredibly pretty. Roquebrun is stunning, with its bridge and old water mill on the river Orb. St Guilhem-le-Desert is also beautiful - and one of Languedoc’s top tourist spots.
Hérault is also a favourite of Brits looking to move to the area. Pézenas and Lodève are both popular towns - Pézenas used to be the region’s capital and is becoming quite chic.
In short - the department combines beautiful countryside with the buzz and glamour of a major city (Montpellier).
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs: No Rating for this property
Cave Central heating Double Glazing Garden Internet connection Landscaping
Lawn Loft Outbuildings Septic tank Swimming Pool Wood Burning Stove