Frequently Asked Questions.
We get asked a lot of questions and although these can be many and varied we thought it a good idea to bring some of them together here, along with the answers! For information on the currency exchange rate see the latest news on the 'currency' tab above.
If you have a specific question and cannot find the answer here, then please do not hesitate to get in touch as I am sure we can help provide an answer.
- Private seller or Agent: Going it alone, is it worth it?
- Paying into the French Pension system, what do I need to consider?
- Using a Currency Trader: The basics
- How do I get the best Exchange rate deal?
- Arriving in France with school age children, what should I expect?
- Can I take my dog on holiday to France with me?
- I want to start a small business, I have heard the process is complicated, do you have any advice?
- My French is good but, now I have more time after moving to France, how would I get a qualification?
- Which part of the buying process is the 'no going back now' part?
- Why is it sometimes difficult to get exact Property locations?
- What does the Diagnostic study look at?
- At which point during the french property purchase does the purchaser's responsibility for building insurance start. Is it on exchange of contracts or completion?
- Does the notaire translate the contract into English?
- Do the French mind having British Neighbours?
- What information and documentation to I need to provide when buying a property in France?
- Should I buy through an agent or buy privately?
We also publish articles on France and all things French to help our clients keep up to date or simply learn more about the culture and lifestyle. Some previous articles are listed here.
- How do the French celebrate Christmas?
- Population Facts
- Saints Days List throughout the year
- Saints Days customs and origins
- St Valentines Day in France
- Mardi Gras celebrations in France and yummy reciepe for Crepes
We will be publishing more articles on Normandy and Pays de la Loire and the interesting towns in them, but to whet your appetite read about Bagnoles de l'Orne.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
Legal Disclaimer: The Clé France website publishes articles and client questions & responses for free, and are for general information purposes only. They do not constitute legal or other professional advice. You should not act or rely solely upon the information contained therein.